Go Back

Sydney Infirmary [Macquarie Street]

c1870s. Albumen paper photograph, titled in pencil on backing below image, 20.2 x 27.6cm. Slight soiling to upper right corner, laid down on original backing.

The Sydney Infirmary, built by Governor Macquarie, was opened in 1816 with one large central and two smaller wings. Today the northern wing houses the NSW state parliament and the southern wing, the Mint. The large central segment was demolished in 1876 to make way for the new Sydney Hospital in 1881. Ref: Dictionary of Sydney. (Also see item 148).

.
Item #CL174-22

Price (AUD): $1,250.00  Other currencies

See all items in Photography