Wilberforce Road And Bells Line Of Road In Windsor Area, NSW
Go Back

Wilberforce Road And Bells Line Of Road In Windsor Area, NSW

1878. Ink with watercolour on linen, annotated and dated “12.9.78” in ink by “Hoskisson” in lower portion, 66 x 43cm. Old folds, slight foxing and water stains.

Early map showing land owners of the time, including: J. Bootle, J. Burke, P. Byrne, Dargen, J. Desmond, W. Everingham, W. Fuller, J. Graham, Thomas Green, Harpur, W. Higgins, John Horre, D. Horton, J. Izzard, Geo. Loder, E. Meyrick, P. Mason, Joseph Onus, Ann Parker, Mary Post, R. Reeves, Andrew Scott, John Town, J. Watson. Provenance: Daniel Cooper estate.

Daniel Cooper (1785–1853) was a pardoned convict who amassed a fortune in the 1820s through real estate and various business interests including whaling, sealing, shipping, and the export of Australian wool, mostly through the trading firm known as Cooper and Levey’s. The firm acquired John Piper’s estate when it was sold, comprising over 1100 acres at Woollahra and Rose Bay; Cooper also owned parts of Liverpool. He later became involved in the banking business, becoming a governor of the Bank of NSW in 1828. Ref: ADB.

.
Item #CL198-173

Price (AUD): $2,200.00  other currencies

See all items in Cabinet