Plan Of Parramatta Gaol
Go Back

Plan Of Parramatta Gaol

1861. Hand-coloured lithograph, title, date and text “Sig. 157” in image upper centre and lower right, 67.6 x 48.6cm. Uneven margins, foxing overall, minor tears to old folds.

This plan of Parramatta Gaol was attached to the “Report of the Select Committee on the Public Prisons of Sydney & Cumberland”, 1861, and shows the newly constructed lean-to timber sheds in each of the prison yards. Ref: Kerr, Parramatta Correctional Centre: Its past development and future care, 1995, p15.

Parramatta Gaol was opened in 1798, and ceased operations as a prison in 2011. Ref: Wiki.

.
Item #CL187-31

Price (AUD): $990.00  Other currencies

See all items in Cabinet