Tasmanian Views. Thomas J. Nevin, Samuel Clifford, 1842–1923 Aust., 1827–1890 Aust.
Tasmanian Views
Tasmanian Views
Tasmanian Views
Tasmanian Views
Tasmanian Views
Tasmanian Views
Tasmanian Views
Tasmanian Views
Tasmanian Views
Tasmanian Views
Go Back

Tasmanian Views

c1860s/1870s. Eleven (11) albumen paper photographs, one image watermarked “BFK Rives” [paper manufacturer] upper centre, 10.2 x 17.8cm (approx. each). Minor tears or missing portions to edges, slight crinkles.

Views include (1) A large party at the Beacon Light, Mt Wellington, Hobart; (2) Salmon Ponds at Plenty, near New Norfolk; (3) Hobart Town from Lime Kiln Hill, panorama no. 1; (4) From the Franklin Wharf; (5) The Fern Tree Bower near Hobart Town [Cook’s Monument]; (6) Fern scenery near the Huon Road; (7) On the Huon Road [snapped tree]; (8) Sandy Bay and South Hobart from St George’s Hill showing Davey Street Mill; (9) Government House, Tasmania; (10) Mount Wellington from the White Rocks; (11) [Ballroom, Government House, Tasmania].

Thomas J. Nevin and Samuel Clifford were Tasmanian photographers who shared a long friendship and photographed similar views of Tasmania, leading to issues of attribution. “It is likely that they printed these scenes for the local and interstate tourist trade, sharing their stock of negatives and prints from as early as 1865.” Ref: SLNSW, Libraries Tasmania, Douglas Stewart Fine Books (Melb.), thomasnevin.com.

.
Item #CL195-2

Price (AUD): $6,600.00  Other currencies

See all items in Photography